Sunday, June 24, 2012

Issue 9: Another Exam (Sigh)

I mohala no ka lehua i ke ke`ekehi `ia e ka ua.
Translation: The lehua blossom unfolds when rain treads on it.
Basically this is the Hawaiian version of "You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar."  - people respond better to gentle words than harsh ones.

Organism of the Week!:  Once again postponed! So sorry, am trying not to lose my steam on this, but I'm at the end of my summer course and I've really got to do well.  Please enjoy some pretty pictures of Hawaii google has provided for us :)

Volcano themed!
Since I'm in Volcano!
-Sabrina Robello
Sourced: Google, none of the photos are mine


Community Events!
Ipu Decoration: Saturday June 30, 9:30am-1:30 pm, Lyon Arboretum, UH Manoa Campus
This event is more of a craft workshop lead by Tamsen Fox, a skilled artist who'll teach you how to etch, dye, woodburn and all types of things for a decorative ipu.  Class fee=$50 but for a fun Saturday learning some interesting crafts, it does seem to be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment